Wednesday 13 June 2012

Back in the day


While sorting through my files yesterday I came across this photograph, which I believe was taken at the old site of Deen City Farm down Church Road. What a wonderful photo. Then... I came across the photo, below on the back it reads ' Derelict allotment in the centre of a high rise estate, soon to be developed as a community garden.' Initially i thought it might be the phipps bridge allotment, but i am unsure.  I have been told by someone local to this area that the three high rise building to the right no longer exist? If you have any ideas, do let me know!
  

Then...I remembered that we had some more photographs from the old site in our portacabin. I have taken photos of these to share. Are you one of these people? They are just such lovely pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment